home remedies for weight loss - know the top foods that aid in natural weight loss
With cases of diabetes and heart problems on the rise, and add to that the desire to fit into the little black dress, the need to lose weight has become more apparent now than ever before. There are number of products and treatment options promising immediate weight loss solutions, but is it necessary that you do something drastic such as going under the knife or spending gazillions of money to achieve your dream figure?
Why not consider home remedies for weight loss? Surprisingly, some of the most effective weight loss strategies are just right in your own backyard or pantry. Following is a shortlist of food items that aid in weight loss treatments:
1. Green Tea – Green Tea is largely known for its antioxidant properties, but it has also been found to increase metabolism and burn fat. Green tea has bits of caffeine, too, making it a good alternative to coffee. It is always a good idea to have a Green Tea plant at home so you can brew fresh green tea leaves everyday.
2. Dandelion – Sometimes the reason for weight gain is excessive water in the body. In this case, Dandelion with its diuretic properties, can help remedy the problem.
3. Pears – Pears are packed with fiber, aiding in digestion and metabolism. They also make you feel full, reducing the need to eat more.
4. Grapefruit – eating half a grapefruit prior to eating your regular meal can hasten weight loss, too. Apparently, there is a compound in Grapefruit that controls insulin, a hormone known to store fat.
5. Almonds – eating 22 pieces of almonds everyday for 6 months can reduce body fat by as much as 18%.
6. Pine Nuts – Pine nuts have been, for years, known to suppress appetite.
7. Navy Beans – half a cup of navy beans each day can burn up to 25% more fat. This is because the beans contain resistant starch, which is a natural fat burner.
8. Asparagus – Rich in chlorophyll, fiber, folate, and the Vitamins A, C, and K, asparagus improves digestive function and boosts metabolism, helping you to lose weight faster
9. Apple Cider Vinegar – Organic apple cider vinegar, specifically, aids in weight loss by suppressing the appetite, increasing metabolic rate and reducing water retention. It is recommended that you take a teaspoon (or 2) of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before meals.
The effects of these may not be visible overnight, but the fact that they are provided by Mother Nature herself (meaning they are 100% natural) makes them definitely worth a try.