How to Speed up your metabolism and lose weight without changing your routine or dieting.
To lose weight is one of the hardest things you will ever want or have to do. It means sacrificing those delectable’s you love so much just to cut back on some body fat. Although there is a huge secret when it comes to losing weight, it’s called metabolism.
So what is your metabolism?
Your metabolism is the process of your body burning calories to continue operating. So what does metabolism have to do with your adventure losing weight? Well the faster your metabolism the quicker your body burns calories, the quicker your body burns calories the quicker your body burns fat.
So what are some ways to increase your metabolism?
Eat more of these foods:
You should be aiming to eat more of the foods in these categories. These foods have highly positive effects on your metabolism.
• Soups. Because soups are mainly water, the contents are processed faster in your body. This increases your metabolism and decreases body fat.
• Apples and Pears. These fruits can be a fix for something sugary. Also both apples and pears are high in fiber and will make you feel fuller then any sugary treat.
• Broccoli. Weight loss has been linked to calcium. Broccoli is very high in calcium and Vitamin C which greatly increases calcium absorption. This veggie will also boost your immune system to make you feel better through the long cold winters.
• Oatmeal. Usually as a breakfast, oatmeal is loaded with cholesterol lowering and fat soluble fiber. This breakfast is loaded with energy and will give you the optimal start to the day.
• Hot peppers/Curries. This is pretty obvious; eating hot or spicy foods stimulates your body to increase the stress hormone. This temporarily speeds up your metabolism and burns more calories.
Well one great way is exercise. It doesn’t have to be strenuous exercise, just something that elevates your heart rate slightly. A simple exercise is walking at a faster than usual pace. Although, if you really want your metabolism to speed up immensely, try exercises such as running, weight training and one great exercise is the beep test. Metabolism also goes on your body composition. Body composition is the amount of muscles one has compared to their fat content. The more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism will be. This is due to the fact that muscle burns more calories.
Make sure to eat. Contrary to a lot of diets, eating is one of the best ways to lose weight. Try to eat a lot of your meals earlier in the day, this allows your body to burn everything effectively before you sleep. Also, in addition to eating early, instead of eating 3 meals per day, try to eat light meals every 3 hours. This will keep your metabolism running at a constant rate. One huge MISTAKE is to starve. This will not only damage your organs but it also drastically slows down your metabolism. If you go from lengthy periods of starving yourself, to gorging, you will gain weight at a very fast rate.
Even without your metabolism in mind you should be drinking this stuff. In the process of burning energy, water is essential. It is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water a day, meeting this requirement can be difficult but it will help you immensely.
Through a lot of research, it has been proven that drinking green tea has an effect in speeding your metabolism. If you don’t mind drinking green tea this should be a constant addition to your water. Green tea also helps cleanse the body, so it is win-win drinking this beverage. For more information on Green Tea, go here.
Using the tips above, and speeding up your metabolism, you will lose weight without dieting. Your metabolism can jump around, so make sure to be continuous in the exercises you do and the food you eat.
Thank you for reading.
If you liked this, please read my article on green tea. It is located here. If you also want more sleep, go here.